Want to start a business but scared of the risk? Join a team of your fellow students to run a business for a year!
A degree alone isn’t a guarantee of success in today’s crowded job market. Once you graduate you will join more than 300,000 young people who also have degrees in searching for employment. How are you going to make yourself stand out? This is where the Start-Up programme comes in.Young Enterprise is a charity that helps young people develop business expertise and experience.
Start Up allows you to run a real business, in a risk free environment, over the course of an academic year – from start-up to liquidation. You will become a director and shareholder in your company alongside fellow students to launch your own venture. The Start-Up year culminates in a competition, with finals at local, national and international level. You will compete against other Start-Up companies from other universities – and make useful contacts along the way. You could even end up competing in the European Finals to win investment funds for your business.Your company will have the support of a Business Consultant who will mentor your company for up to 12 months, starting with the launch of the scheme in October.
Benefits of the Start-Up programme:
- Profits – any money you make is yours to keep, once you have re-paid your shareholders
- Develop real-life, practical business skills
- Employability – enhance your CV
- Professional development – develop enterprising and transferable skills such as leadership and communication
- Throughout the year you will have support from the UEA CareerCentral’s Student Enterprise team – with workshops, individual or group coaching sessions, mentoring, access to seed funding grants, resources and one to one advice.
- Young Enterprise alumni are statistically more likely to start their own business. Be a part of it, and start something exciting!
Sign up to the Young Enterprise Launch event today! https://mycareercentral.uea.ac.uk/students/events/…