Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), in partnership with the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust, have launched The Spark Challenge – a national competition for university students to identify creative solutions to a social issue impacting young people across the UK.
We want to know how you think technology and online engagement can help young people make real, not virtual friends.
Why get involved?
- Career development: The creators of the top three ideas will win personalised employability support from TCS, who were awarded Britain’s Top Employer in 2015.
- Support yourself and/or other young people: Loneliness is a growing epidemic amongst young people in the UK and it is having a serious impact on their life chances. You may have experienced it yourself whilst at university and if so, use your experience and help us tackle this issue.
- Win great prizes: The top three ideas will also win their makers a range of prizes including a camera drone, Amazon echo speakers and Amazon vouchers.
How to get involved?
We want to hear your ideas in a short one minute video – you can take part by yourself or with a friend and can film your video on any device.
Could your solution be focused on a specific theme that brings people together? See some of our ideas below:
- Music / gigs / concerts
- Film clubs
- Animal lovers
- Getting advice or guidance from others
The Spark Challenge is open to university students across the UK – from first year students right through to PhD students. Submissions will be judged on how creative the idea is, not how slick the video is so put most of your efforts into coming up with an original concept and telling us about it succinctly.
The deadline for video submissions is 9am Monday 13th March 2017 – shortlisted ideas will win their creators a place in our grand final in London. See The Challenge website for more details.
- Monday 13th February – Applications for The Spark Challenge opens
- Monday 13th March (9am) – Deadline for video submissions
- Friday 17th March – Ten shortlisted students will be invited to the grand final
- Wednesday 22nd March (12pm – 4pm) – Grand final in London where shortlisted students will show their video and talk through their ideas to a panel of senior leaders from TCS and DKHT.
TO TAKE PART IN THE SPARK CHALLENGE REGISTER ON CAMPUS COMMUNE AND UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO BY 9AM ON MONDAY 13TH MARCH 2017.
ABOUT TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that delivers real results to global business, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match. With a workforce of more than 11,000 people in the UK, TCS is one of the country’s leading digital employers.
The company has been ranked number one for customer satisfaction in the UK IT Services sector by analyst firm Whitelane for three consecutive years and has been recognised as one of the UK’s top employers by the Top Employers Institute.
For more information, visit www.tcs.com.
ABOUT THE DAME KELLY HOLMES TRUST
The Dame Kelly Holmes Trust supports young people between the ages of 14-25 who are facing disadvantage to live a positive life.
The Trust does this through transformational partnership programmes, which develop the key attitudes and capabilities young people need to empower them to achieve sustainable positive life outcomes (being healthy, achieving in education, involvement in meaningful activities and career success).
Each programme is delivered by world class athletes, who possess the high performing attitudes and special qualities needed to create a transformational change to a young person’s life.
For more information visit www.damekellyholmestrust.org.